Blue Birds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soar like a true blue bird

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello members, please help recruit more people in the forum for more activity on the forum. Thanks!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Anyone from the original FTG still here?
Major Help Needed EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 am by YourGentleGiant

» Sunny Gemstones
Major Help Needed EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am by Royal-X

» 6-0 Sweep Rain team VS Para Hax
Major Help Needed EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 pm by Yellow Flash

» This place in a nutshell...
Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm by Chingstah118

» OU VS Uber 6-0 sweep!
Major Help Needed EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 pm by Yellow Flash

» Elemental Sandstorm
Major Help Needed EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm by Royal-X

» A new Choice Item; Choice Armor
Major Help Needed EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm by Chingstah118

» What pokemon do you want to move up, or move down in the tiers?
Major Help Needed EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm by BlueO4

» did u just died?
Major Help Needed EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am by bjd4lyfe

Top posting users this week
No user

Major Help Needed

Go down 
+3
Yellow Flash
Chingstah118
mrmissouri25
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 am

So, even though I've been playing since gen I, I still suck at the whole team building aspect of it. Can someone pretty much just help me out? I don't want to just steal someone's team; I want it to be one that I actually built from scratch, but I just need help of how to do so. Any help would be fantastic. 

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Chingstah118

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm

So how would you want your help given?
So far it seems like Athena and Sexy Gardevoir would be great teachers. You could just ask them by personal message or on PO if you see them.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Flash
Admin
Yellow Flash

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Since your new with the new gens, i would recommend making a basic team with 2 walls, and 4 sweepers. So get a blessey, and a gliscor, and then get lie a dragonite, infernape, for physical, and then get thunderous, and alakazam for special. Its pretty basic, but you'll learn how to create teams over time and experience.
Back to top Go down
https://bluebirds.rpg-board.net
Athena

Athena

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Well if you're building a team from scratch you need to decide what you want it to accomplish first. Do you want a team based on stalling tactics or a hyper offensive team? A nice and basic standard team also works too. Once you figure this out ill take you to the next step.
Back to top Go down
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Athena here, but the teams i build are majority balanced teams that rely on synergy to switch in. If you need help with cores I suppose I can help.
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 am

Alright. I get the basic idea. Let me get something made up and I'll post it as soon as i get it done.
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:31 am

So here's what I've come up with. 

Dragonite @Leftovers
Jolly Nature
MultiScale
252 HP/72 Def/60 SDef/120 Spd

Substitute
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Roost

Breloom @Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
Poison Heal
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd

Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore

Gengar @Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast 
Hidden Power Ice
Trick

Starmie @Life Orb
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
252 SpA/ 4 SpeD/ 252 Spd

Hydro Pump/Surf
T-bolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Registeel @Leftovers
Careful Nature
Clear Body
252 HP/4 Def/ 252 SpDef

Stealth Rock
T-Wave
Seismic Toss
Earthquake

Cloyster @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Skill Link
248 HP/84 Att/176 Def

Icicle Spear
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Surf

Let me know please. Anything that can help would be fantastic. I just made this up, haven't tested it too much, but it seems like it should work.
Back to top Go down
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am

Interesting team, firstly, Registeel should not be used on the team. Gengar really should not be scarfed, its just asking it to be pursuit trapped. You also have a small electric weakness i guess =x Latios also seems to be a problem on the team.

I'm going to suggest specially defensive Tyranitar to take over the role of Stealth Rocker, as well as helping to pursuit trap Latios, and scarf surf from latios will only deal about 33% if I am correct. 

Ferrothorn is arguably a better spiker on the team, Cloyster should not be used because it loses the niche of being able to have spikes and rapid spin, and arguably Forretress does that better. I'm going to advise a physically defensive Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet to sponge U-turn and damage its attackers, and leech seed for reliable recovery. Power Whip is also used to smash Politoed and Protect for scouting and more leech seed recovery.

Subsplit Gengar is a better set on Gengar imo, (slightly) reliable recovery helps to prolong Gengar's lifespan and helping spinblock. 

Seeing that you now to not have a scarfer, i'm going to suggest scarf Latios with Draco Meteor/Psyshock/HP fire/Trick as its moveset to serve as the team's revenge-killer.

I'll comment on the rest later

~
Back to top Go down
Chingstah118

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am

One thing I noticed is that you need a lead. 

With the pokemon you listed, either Registeel or Breloom could fit that role, but Registeel should only be used in UU and Breloom could use Rock Tomb over Swords Dance as they could wake up right away and you need something to take down flying types besides Starmie and the frail Cloyster.

If you wanted to use Cloyster, you could use Shell Smash with a focus sash. But as Gardevoir said, if you need someone to use spikes and toxic spikes, you should go Forretress or Ferrothorn as they're very bulky and can sponge lots of attacks.

And as for Gardevoir's Subsplit Gengar, I prefer Subdisable Gengar because if they have one move that's super-effective or locked in choice you can just disable them and they'll have to switch which gives you time to sub and deal damage.

Also with Gardevoir's Tyranitar suggestion, Heatran could also set up Stealth Rocks. It might have more synergy as you don't have any fire-type moves or fighting-type moves so steel-types might give you a headache if they take down your Starmie and Gengar which are already really frail.

This is just what I see so far but I'm sure Gardevoir will really help you make this a good team.
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm

So i dropped cloyster, registeel. Dropped Swords Dance on Breloom and added rock tomb. Switched Gengar to subdisable. Added Latios and Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
Iron Barbs
252 HP/88 Def/168 SpDef

Spikes 
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Power Whip

Latios @Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Levitate
252 SpA/4 SpDef/252 Spd

Draco Meteor
Psyshock
HP Fire
Trick
Back to top Go down
Draco

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't recommend adding Rock Tomb to breelom, since it's weak and misses a lot. Stone edge is a better move.
Back to top Go down
Chingstah118

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 pm

What are you talking about Draco? Rock Tomb is 100% accuracy.
Stone edge is 70% accuracy.
And Rock tomb has a slow which helps if he switches.
Back to top Go down
Royal-X

Royal-X

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Draco wrote:
I don't recommend adding Rock Tomb to breelom, since it's weak and misses a lot. Stone edge is a better move.
Chingstah118 wrote:
What are you talking about Draco? Rock Tomb is 100% accuracy.
Stone edge is 70% accuracy.
And Rock Tomb has a slow which helps if he switches

Rock Tomb and Stone Edge both have 80% accuracy. Also his current Breloom set prefers Stone Edge over Rock Tomb as it isn't a TechniLoom.

Onto the main part,if you decide to keep Breloom(something that I don't recommend seeing as you have a Ferrothorn) a SubPunch set would work best. Spore / Substitute / Focus Punch / Seed Bomb or Stone Edge would work fine. Even though Gengar is a pretty good pokemon I don't truly see its place in the team. I'd rather replace it with a defensive Jellicent who has perfect synergy with Ferrothorn and can also block Rapin Spinners all at the same time. It's your choice but if you decide to go with it a set such as Scald / ShadowBall / Recover / Toxic with max HP and defense could do.
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I dropped Dnite for MixMance. Oh, and SubDisable Gengar is now my lead. It works. Gengar lead is actually pretty funny cuz they don't know what to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Chingstah118

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:10 pm

That would usually be called an anti-lead.
Back to top Go down
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Don't use Gengar as an anti-lead. Because you will be setting up layers of spikes (called spikestacking), therefore you require Gengar to spinblock. And seriously, if you want Gengar to be an anti-lead, taunt should be played somewhere. Because you lack a revenge-killer if you run mixmence, i seriously ask you to reconsider putting scarf latios back into the team because you are very Terrakion weak, and running mence is just asking your team to be swept by scarf Terrakion, which Latios outspeeds.
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:52 am

Idc what it's called. I like it. lol
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 am

I still am running Latios. right now i have latios, starmie, breloom, gengar, ferrothorn, and salamence.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Flash
Admin
Yellow Flash

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 am

Gengar as a lead might be easier for the opponent to trap it with pursuit. Unless you can predict it correctly.
Back to top Go down
https://bluebirds.rpg-board.net
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:53 pm

It seriously depends on how you use Gengar. I have tried a suicide lead with great effect before, but generally Gengar on this team would serve better as a spin-blocker instead of a lead. Without Gengar, spinners can easily spin away the hazards you have laid :S

Also, I spot a serious ice problem on your team, with 3 weak and only 1 resist. looking at the team, i'll switch out Breloom for Heatran, as Heatran can support the team with SR and phazing support. 

One more thing, while you might find this stupid, run scarf on mence. That way, mence becomes a lethal wallbreaker should it have gained boosts from killing a poke, and just spamming outrage is fun. Due to mence's high damage output, most steels would probably be worn down already, and this leaves Scarf Latios to finish and clean up the team.

Looks good otherwise, love the Latios+Mence core
Back to top Go down
mrmissouri25

mrmissouri25

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:37 am

I tried the scarfed Mence, and it works better than before. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Major Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Help Needed   Major Help Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Help Needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Birds :: Battle Arena :: Player Teams-
Jump to: