Blue Birds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soar like a true blue bird

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello members, please help recruit more people in the forum for more activity on the forum. Thanks!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Anyone from the original FTG still here?
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 am by YourGentleGiant

» Sunny Gemstones
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am by Royal-X

» 6-0 Sweep Rain team VS Para Hax
Elemental Sandstorm EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 pm by Yellow Flash

» This place in a nutshell...
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm by Chingstah118

» OU VS Uber 6-0 sweep!
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 pm by Yellow Flash

» Elemental Sandstorm
Elemental Sandstorm EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm by Royal-X

» A new Choice Item; Choice Armor
Elemental Sandstorm EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm by Chingstah118

» What pokemon do you want to move up, or move down in the tiers?
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm by BlueO4

» did u just died?
Elemental Sandstorm EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am by bjd4lyfe

Top posting users this week
No user

Elemental Sandstorm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Royal-X

Royal-X

Elemental Sandstorm Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Sandstorm   Elemental Sandstorm EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:30 am

This is one of my sandstorm teams that I've been testing and altering in OU. It's carried me to the middle of the OU ladder in the 1350s even though I expect it to take me even higher. The teams goal itself is trying to get a decent Stoutland sweep mid or late game while trying to ward off my opponents potential sweepers. So without a further ado,onto the team itself.

Elemental Sandstorm Hippowdon-f
Tungsten (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off / Ice Fang
- Earthquake
While not the physical hard hitter or Pursuit trapper like Tyranitar is,Hippowdon does have its use as being a semi-decent tank with the ability phaze out some threats with Stealth Rocks / Whirlwind. Hippowdon is also better suited at taking VoltSwitch and notorius physical sweepers like Terrakion. Slack Off does have its use when trying to stay alive for as long as possible but Ice Fang does counter the noteworthy threats such Lati@s duo,Dragonite,and Landorus. Earthquake serves as Hippowdons only efective STAB move.

Elemental Sandstorm Heatran
Mercury (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
Other than its ability to be a counter to things like Scizor;its true purpose on this team is to make my team not to have a major Sun team weakness. A Toxic / Burn stall set can work wonders sometimes,mainly if done on a key member to the opponents team. Protect gifts me with the ability to stall and scout for possible movesets on threats. Lava Plume and Earth Power ensure that opposing Heatran aren't a threat while keeping other threats at bay in fear of a stray burn.

Elemental Sandstorm Breloom
Iodine (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb /Facade
This was originally a Celebi but I required something with a more offensive presence. Spore SubPunch Breloom is a dangerous yet often overlooked threat with all the Techniloom about. Focus PUnches ability to 2HKO even resistant things should not be overlooked. Facade is sometimes used for its power boost when combined with Toxic Orb at the cost of being completely weak to Gengar. Never the less,Brelooms ability as a wall breaker never lets me down.

Elemental Sandstorm Latios
Neon (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Probably my favorite out of all Latios sets seeing as it fools so many people. The idea is to bluff as a Choice Scarf set locked into a move only to surprise the oppenent with a different move;which usually results in a KO. A Pursuit Tyranitar low on health switches into a Psyshock? Surprise Surf. Scizor switches to take a Draco Meteor? Take some HP Fire instead. The list goes on and on. Other than its ability to bluff its a good check to Keldeo and Terrakion as well as Landorus;threats that can really hurt my team if used properly.

Elemental Sandstorm Keldeo
Hydrogen (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind
More or less the revenge killer of the team destined to keep most Scarfed threats at bay;mainly Terrakion and base 100s. Secret Sword and Surf are more or less the standard STABs with HP Electric to help with a slight Gyarados weakness the team has and to hit other Water types for some decent damage. Icy Wind for its ability to hit Dragons while slowing them down.

Elemental Sandstorm Stoutland
Copper (Stoutland) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Pursuit
The main sweeper of the team whos ability in sandstorm is second to none in OU. Adamant is chosen over Jolly for Adamant natures power to get some key KOs. Return is the standard STAB and always hits hard. Wild Charge can hurt Skarmory,Politoed,etc for some KOs even thoug recoil and Life Orb can be a pain sometimes so use sparingly. Superpower hits Terrakion,Ferrothorn,and Tyranitar hard among other things and is one of the more useful moves. Pursuit is the only decent option against threats like Gengar but it does help Pursuit trap some threats locked into the wrong move who are wishing to switch out.

Well thats the team. Rate,use it,and give suggestions if you wish. Being a balanced sand team I don't find it that hard to use so I should be a simple team for anyone to use. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Flash
Admin
Yellow Flash

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Sandstorm   Elemental Sandstorm EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 am

This ream seems well done, you have counter for weather wars, for sun, you have heatran with earth power, latios and keldo. For rain you have keldio, breloom, and stoutland with wild charge. Your team seems really well balanced. Ill give it a 9/10. I would give it a 10 but your choice bluff seems like a gamble.
Back to top Go down
https://bluebirds.rpg-board.net
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Sandstorm   Elemental Sandstorm EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 am

Soild team, just thought I would prefer techniloom over your current one and Jolly>Adamant because it outspeeds scarf 108s under sand, which will be crucial to your team.
Back to top Go down
Royal-X

Royal-X

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Sandstorm   Elemental Sandstorm EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm

I've been trying techniloom lately. Main issue is I don't know what item to give it. Life orb+sand is horrid and fighting gem works only once. As for stoutland i prefer the power of adamant as it gives me some guaranteed ohkos such as superpower vs a non scarf terrakion. I usually play around scarf 108s as i have checks and counters for most of them if predicted correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Sandstorm   Elemental Sandstorm Empty

Back to top Go down

Elemental Sandstorm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Birds :: Battle Arena :: Player Teams-
Jump to: