Blue Birds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soar like a true blue bird

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello members, please help recruit more people in the forum for more activity on the forum. Thanks!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Anyone from the original FTG still here?
Sunny Gemstones EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 am by YourGentleGiant

» Sunny Gemstones
Sunny Gemstones EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am by Royal-X

» 6-0 Sweep Rain team VS Para Hax
Sunny Gemstones EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 pm by Yellow Flash

» This place in a nutshell...
Sunny Gemstones EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm by Chingstah118

» OU VS Uber 6-0 sweep!
Sunny Gemstones EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 pm by Yellow Flash

» Elemental Sandstorm
Sunny Gemstones EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm by Royal-X

» A new Choice Item; Choice Armor
Sunny Gemstones EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm by Chingstah118

» What pokemon do you want to move up, or move down in the tiers?
Sunny Gemstones EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm by BlueO4

» did u just died?
Sunny Gemstones EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am by bjd4lyfe

Top posting users this week
No user

Sunny Gemstones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Royal-X

Royal-X

Sunny Gemstones Empty
PostSubject: Sunny Gemstones   Sunny Gemstones EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am

SUNNY GEMSTONES

Sunny Gemstones 38 Sunny Gemstones 450Sunny Gemstones 205Sunny Gemstones 503Sunny Gemstones 683Sunny Gemstones 3

Salutations again. This time I'll be showing a balanced sun team I've been working on that's been doing pretty well. It peaked at 1453 on PO so it still needs a little help so if any of you have any suggestions that would be great. The team itself revolves around the idea of a Venusaur sweep in the sun or a Landorus-T sweep if I somehow lose the weather war or the opportunity presents itself. Now onto the team itself.

Sunny Gemstones 38
Ruby (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SDef / 20 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Sunny Day / Roar
- Flamethrower

Being the only viable Drought inducer in OU gives it an automatic spot on the team. I prefer the defensive set over offensive as I believe Ninetales should last long as possible when it comes to weather wars among other things. Will-O-Wisp severely cripples Tyranitar and limits the use of Politoed and anything else unlucky enough to switch in like opposing Garchomp and Landorus.    Protect is for burn stall and moveset scouting. Sunny Day is annoying as it forces Politoed to switch more which wears it out. Roar as it uses so Ninetales won't be setup bait to Lum Berry Dragonite and other Substitut users. Flamethrower is the only decent STAB move.

Sunny Gemstones 450
Sapphire (Garchomp) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

A very good Stealth Rock lead and early game sweeper. It's perfect for countering Tyranitar leads and is almost guaranteed to get Rocks up. Swords Dance can be used after Stealth Rocks to make it a fearsome sweeper that  will always take something down with it. Outrage and Earthquake serve as the primary STAB moves the compliment each other nicely. Focus Sash is here so Stealth Rocks always getup so I don't have to worry about things like Scarf Politoed's Ice Beam or stray HP Ice.

Sunny Gemstones 205
Amber (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

This is more or less a standard Forretress thats on this team for two reasons. One,Ninetales is Stealth Rocks weak and needs a spinner as well as the fact that hazards are annoying as is. Two ,my team as a noticeable Mamoswine weakness and this is as close as a check as thy come. Spikes helps with my late game sweeping while Rapid Spin is needed. Gyro Ball is the only semi-effective STAB and Volt Switch doesn't make me Magnezone bait and gives my team momentum.

Sunny Gemstones 503
Topaz (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Rotom-W acts as a decent defensive Politoed counter and also alleviates  the teams Mamoswine weakness. Hydro Pump is better used on things outside the sun when weather wars arise but it can still do decent damage to things even at half power if super effective. Volt Switch adds much needed momentum which this team needs. HP Fire destroys Ferrothorn in the sun and OHKOs Scizor. Celebi and Breloom also have a harder time switching in because of this. Rest and Chesto berry sometimes help Rotom-W bluff a scarf or specs set and heals itself from stray Toxic or other status mishaps.

Sunny Gemstones 683
Quartz (Landorus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is probably the greatest physical sweeper that I have ever used and I generally recommend using this on a team if you haven't already. This acts as a devastating late game sweeper. Setting up is easy since things like Terrakion and Heatran usually don't like staying in. After a Rock Polish boost it outspeeds even scarf Latios and can more or less sweep a team crippled by hazards. Earthquake,being the only STAB move,can OHKO Keldeo after Stealth Rocks and a layer of spikes. Stone Edge while slightly inaccurate can be used to hit things like Rotom-W and the Lati@s if you're feeling lucky. HP Ice KOs the only reliable threats to this set,Landorus-T and Gliscor,with the latter getting a guaranteed OHKO if it's a standard set.

Sunny Gemstones 3
Chysolite (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire] / [Ground]

THe final member of the team meant to abuse the sun. Growth with or without the sun is still a deadly move in its own right. Giga Drain is a great STAB the heals Venusaur from damage it might have sustained. Sludge Bomb is a slighty effective STAB that can do its own form of damage.but with all the Steel and Ground types roaming OU I sometimes replace it with Sleep Powder. HP Fire can deal with Steel types mainly Scizor and Jirachi but HP Ground has it uses as a great surprise to Heatran while hitting Jirachi slightly harder outside of the sun.
Back to top Go down

Sunny Gemstones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Birds :: Battle Arena :: Player Teams-
Jump to: